(Please note that, though the long exposures can make things appear brighter than they really were, these photos have not been enhanced at all. The color shifts from orangeish to blueish sometimes because of changes in my camera settings.)
Before I left, I stopped by the party that the girls were having on their balcony.
Tim & me (in the dark)
Andy, Ranae, Michal, Heather, & Jeff
Matt (my RA) lit a bunch of candles on our patio railing.
(close-up of the previous photo)
I found it interesting that even in this 15 second exposure, you can see the movement of the stars just slightly.
This is where I started to play around. I thought, "Hey, I've got a flashlight and 15 seconds while the picture takes. I wonder how much of the bell tower I can light up?" I tried several different things, but I think this one came out the best.
more "flashlight painting"
Even though the rest of campus was dark, there were a couple of street lights still on behind Metzger.
I just couldn't resist...
By this time, it was around 12:30am and the power was back on, so I decided to call it a night. In the end, I was happy with the photos. Having the campus completely dark is actually quite rare, so these are pictures that I'd probably never have a chance to get again.
4 comments:
Mr. Jedi-dude, I think you should explain how you did the light on the bell tower and the "grafitti" on Hope Hall... otherwise, they're not going to believe that none of the pictures were doctored. :-)
I thought the bit about 15 seconds and a flashlight was enough for people to figure out what happened. (And the smiley is on the library.)
-- Jason
These are super groovy, Jason. The flashlight stuff was awesome fun. Love seeing this stuff, keep up the shooting.
spot on jason, you've got genuine talent.
i dig these pics.
and your bod.
love ya Jace or (scythe)
Post a Comment